Thursday, February 17, 2011

"How to Organize All of Your Clothing?"

When it comes to organizing my clothes the first thing that I need to do is PRAY with my eyes closed and take a DEEP BREATH, because this could be a very long process.
I had to take everything out of my closet, both of them!! I organized all of my clothing by categories i.e. shirts, bottoms, shoes, belts, and purses. I would then go through all of my shirts/bottoms and sort them by the ones I do wear and the ones I don't or haven't worn in a while. Next I would try on the things that I do not wear often and if it fits decide on whether to keep the item or not. If there is something that I am not sure if I want to keep or not I would also have a pile for that.
I would then take my shoes and categorize them by color, this helps me because it allows me see that I don't need 5 pairs of brown boots!! Next, I would try on all of the shoes that I have and take a walk around in them to see which ones work and which ones don't. I would neatly organize the shoes in my closet by color so if I need black shoes one day I can go directly to all the black shoes and make a QUICK decision.
When it comes to the belts it’s very simple, I would most definitely get rid of the belts that don't fit. And while going through my belts, I found several belts that I brought from The Limited over 2 years ago with the tags still attached!!!
PURSES, PURSES, PURSES!!!!! My mother always told me, every since I was a little girl that a lady always carries a purse. With that being said I have over 100 purses, so many different types, colors, and styles. I do still have purses that I once had in high school. I can go through these purses a million times and I still find a reason to keep them all!!! Maybe I should have a purse party and make some money!! Thats the major problem with me as I said before LETTING THINGS GO!!! If you havent worn it in a year, get rid of it!!!
There are many things you can do to organize your clothing. This is just an example of some of things I have done.
Pics Coming Soon

4 comments:

  1. Shopping is a form of relief for me. It just doesn't feel right if I don't by something when I'm out. I admit, I hoard sometimes too. I have items from middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CR thats me too things from soo long ago...time to let it go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to go through this process in my closet. I have so many things with the tags still on and things from high school that I never, ever wear! It is definitely going to be a long process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely obsessed with having an organized closet! I have everything in rainbow order, as well as by shirt sleeve length. Shoes are based on color, then heel height. It's like you said, so you can make quick decisions! Saves me a LOT of time in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete