Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WHO ARE FASHION/CLOTHING HOARDERS??

Many of you have watched or either heard about the t.v. show Hoarders. While watching the show you usually see people with a lot of clutter. There are a lot of papers, dishes, clothing, and pets just to name a few. But you rarely see a hoarder who just has too many clothes,shoes or just fashion period. 
A clothing hoarder is a person who lets old, outgrown, or unworn clothing accumulate in their closets over time, resulting in mass amounts of clutter in their homes.These people usually have excessive attachment to their belongings. This disorder causes people to fear getting rid of useless clothing. The fear is derived from the irrational belief that the clothes may still be worn or needed in the future. This disorder effects 2 million people nationally and the BIGGEST issue is NOT BEING ABLE TO LET GO!!!!!

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"
~Oscar Wilde


*Yes, these are actually pics from my personal closet!!! Dont judge me the 1st step is to admit you have a problem.*

4 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I could be a hoarder myself. Thanks for the rude awakening! Keep up the good work! It is so true that the issue is not being able to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE CLOTHES SO MUCH THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND JUST KEEP DOING IT BECAUSE OF STRESS OR THEY SEE SOMETHING THEY LIKE MOST OF THE TIME ETC... AND WE KEEP CLOTHES AFTER CLOTHES BECAUSE SOMETIMES SOME OF THEM BE OUR FAVORITE PART OF APPEARAL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that mostly females have this problem. I remember when i was younger my sister would take up all the empty space in my closet. Then again there are exceptions to the rule. A lot of males have huge sneaker and shoe collections that take over their small rooms. I don't think it is so bad when you have room for it all. Interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely a fashion hoarder! I have such a problem with letting go of clothing, shoes, purses, etc. I always seem to find a way to talk myself into keeping an item of clothing that I know I will never wear again. I believe more people are affected than actually admit it! Thanks for bringing this issue to light!

    ReplyDelete